While the development time for this game took 2 weeks, the preparation actually was closer to 10 years. About 6 years ago I had this idea to make a modern chess, yet turn-based strategy had existed for quite some time however both sides being balanced not as much. I'd even spent 6 months studying chess and different strategies to win a match.
Most of the inspiration comes from The Third Age (Lord of the Rings) on the Gameboy Advance. My papa had told me that when he was younger he'd played a lot of Game of Generals. Which to me is the spiritual successor of chess. So to make this game I combined the original chess, game of generals (not to be confused with Stratego), and some turn-based strategy to make this one. I hope you enjoy, here are some screenshots as well as the cover art! You can find the game on evergreenrealms.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment